Thursday, February 9, 2017

Circles

NASA Unveils Celestial Fireworks as Official Image for Hubble 25th Anniversary

And again, verily I say unto you, he hath given a law unto all things, by which they move in their times and their seasons;
And their courses are fixed, even the courses of the heavens and the earth, which comprehend the earth and all the planets.
And they give light to each other in their times and in their seasons, in their minutes, in their hours, in their days, in their weeks, in their months, in their years—all these are one year with God, but not with man.
-Doctrine and Covenants 88:42-44


We stand for a moment, you and I, face to face.
One day, one hour, one second of time.
My life and yours passing in great majesty.
Our point of intersection
Divinely fixed by God.

Here I see you in your beauty.
A planet in a universe plotted out by our Creator.
Light in our seasons shinning on one another.

There is a leaving coming.
The separation of our lights.
A darkness when I won't see you any more.

It's this losing that I'm dreading.
Afraid I might forget just what you looked like,
Sounded like, loved me like.

We are fixed on this, you and I.
But our goodbye is fleeting.
Face the Sun.
No matter where we go, we are eternal,
Divinely destined to return.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I love your poem! Thank you for sharing. Missing a loved one - for me my son - is so real. I long to hear his voice, to look in his eyes. I miss his smell and his hugs. I long for the time we are reunited in the flesh.

    ReplyDelete